What is Reiki?
WHAT IS REIKI?
Reiki is an ancient art of Natural Healing, rediscovered in Japan over 100 years ago.
What is described as Reiki – the Usui System of Natural Healing – can be described as follows.
- It is a gentle but powerful hands-on technique, which brings wholeness to both the recipient and practitioner.
- It restores the natural balance of Yin and Yang with in the body.
- Provides deep relaxation, thus evoking a sense of peace and wellbeing.
- Works on the emotions, mind and spirit as well as the physical body.
- Complements – bu does not substitute – the healing properties of all healing modalities including orthodox medical treatments, natural therapies, massage, physiotherapy etc.
- Reiki is not intrusive. The Reiki energy will pass through clothing, bandages, braces and plaster casts.
- No disrobing is necessary
- Has NO connection with religion, cult, dogma, or special belief system and does not involve hypnosis or massage.
- This technique is not only restricted to people, but can also be used on animals to plants.
- To benefit from Reiki you need only to be open and willing to receiving this wonderful healing energy.
- Everyone can learn this technique. There is no age restriction.
Rei – Spiritual Wisdom
The word “Rei” means universal and this is the definition that is mostly accepted. However, this interpretation is a very general one. Japanese ideograms have many levels of meaning. They vary from the mundane to the very esoteric. So, while it is true that Rei can be interpreted as universal, meaning that it is present everywhere, there is a more meaningful interpretation that is worth exploring.
Research into the esoteric meaning of the Japanese Kanji character for Rei has given a much deeper understanding of this ideogram. The word Reiki is more accurately interpreted to mean higher knowledge or spiritual consciousness. This is the wisdom that comes from “god” or the “higher self” and is the “god/higher self”-conciousness that is all-knowing. It understands each person completely. It knows the cause of all problems and difficulties and knows how to heal them.
Ki – Life Energy
The word Ki is the equivalent to Chi in Chinese, Prana in Sanskrit, and Ti in Hawaiian. It has also been called Odic Force, Orgone and Bioplasma. It has also been given many other names in various cultures.
Ki is life energy. It is also known as the vital force or the universal life force. This is the non-physical energy that animates all living things. As long as something is alive, it will have life energy circulating through or around it; when it dies, the life energy departs. If your life energy is low, or there is a restriction in its flow, you are more vulnerable to an illness. When it is high you are less likely to get sick. Life energy plays an important part in everything that we do. It animates the body and has higher levels of expression. Ki is also the primary energy of our emotions and spiritual life.
“REIKI IS SPIRITUALLY GUIDED LIFE ENERGY”
It is the “God”-Consciousness called Rei that guides the life energy called Ki in the practice the we refer to as “Reiki”. therefore, Reiki can be defined as spiritually guided life energy.
This is a more meaningful interpretation of the word Reiki. It more closely describes the experience most people have of it; Reiki guiding itself with its own wisdom; rather than requiring the direction of the practitioner.
Reiki is Yang energy.
Please visit Environment Friendly Ideas ways to live more environmentally friendly
Whispers of Reiki copyright 2011